Magazines & Databases
Your library provides you with online access to complete articles from thousands of magazines and journals, and that's just the beginning. Also available are biographies, reports, pamphlets and additional reference materials. (You will need an authorization code and password to access some of these databases. Call us at 935-5174 for more information.)
||Library on the Go is currently down. We are working on the problem.
These databases must be accessed through the library or require your 14-digit library card number. This number is on the back of your Warner Library card and begins with the digits 21805
- Ancestry gives you access to historical records with information on over 6 billion people. These rich collections include photographs, memoirs, maps, census documents, family trees and detailed records about births, marriages, deaths, military service, immigration, land ownership and much more.
Available for use while at the library
- Heritage Quest
- HeritageQuest Online™ combines digital, searchable images of U.S. federal census records with the digitized version of the popular UMI® Genealogy & Local History collection and other valuable content. This online database is an essential collection of unique material for both genealogical and historical researchers, with coverage dating back to the late 1700s. Researchers can use HeritageQuest Online to find their ancestors, trace their paths across America, and learn what life was like in the areas where they settled.
Books and Authors
- Stuck on the question of "what do I read next"? Let Books and Authors spice up your reading with our expert title recommendations, online reading rooms, librarian favorite lists, and more.
- Career Transitions
- Search Jobs, Internships, & More
- Chilton's Online Auto Repair Manuals
- ChiltonLibrary provides exclusive photographs, diagnostics designed by instructors, step-by-step repair procedures, Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) maintenance schedules, wiring diagrams, recalls and Technical Service Bulletins (TSBs) for automobiles and light trucks in one easy-to-use web site. Since this library subscribes to ChiltonLibrary, you are now equipped with decades of data to maintain your vehicle
- Legal Forms Library
- Printable legal forms. Also, if you need legal information, check out the Legal Self-Help Center of DeWitt County.
- General One File
- A one-stop source for news and periodical articles on a wide range of topics: business, computers, current events, economics, education, environmental issues, health care, hobbies, humanities, law, literature and art, politics, science, social science, sports, technology, and many general interest topics. Millions of full-text articles, many with images. Updated daily.
- Health and Wellness Resource Center
- Health & Wellness Resource Center from Gale is a comprehensive resource for libraries, schools, and hospitals that provides integrated access to medical, statistical, health, and related information. The Health & Wellness Resource Center features a fully updated, intuitive interface—providing multiple pathways to key information. Its browser-style format lets you read the latest news, review a set of subject areas, select a particular resource, or search across the entire database.
- Opposing Viewpoints
- Opposing Viewpoints in Context is the premier online resource covering today's hottest social issues, from Offshore Drilling to Climate Change, Health Care to Immigration. Opposing Viewpoints in Context helps students research, analyze and organize a broad variety of data for conducting research, completing writing assignments, preparing for debates, creating presentations and more.
- Powerspeak Languages
- Learn to speak Spanish, French, German, or Chinese. You set the pace.
- Price It Antiques
- Find up-to-date values for antiques and collectables.
- Testing and Information Reference Center
- Peterson's innovative, web-based products and online practice tests for the GRE, GMAT, SAT, ACT Assessment, ASVAB, and TOEFL, provide consumers with the depth and breadth of information they need to make informed decisions about their education or career. The range of test preparation offered by Peterson's has recently expanded into civil service, licensing, certification, and military preparation with the acquisition of ARCO.
| General | Health | Newspapers | Additional Topics |
ArticleFirst: An OCLC index of articles, some full-text, from the contents pages of journals and magazines. For most journls, ArticleFirst provides a list of libraries that have the journal title.
Ebooks: An OCLC online catalog of over 295,000 electronic books available through libraries worldwide. Contains all the online electronic books cataloged by OCLC member libraries.
ECO (Electronic Collections Online): An OCLC collection of scholarly journals, some full-text, which includes all of the original content and images of articles. Topics covered include: agriculture, library science, anthropology, literature, business, medicine, economics, philosophy, education, political science, fine arts, psychology, geography, religion, history, science, language, social science, law, and technology.
Illinois Catalog: An online catalog containing millions of bibliographic records cataloged by Illinois OCLC member libraries. Materials cataloged include: books, manuscripts, websites and internet resources, maps, computer programs, musical scores, films and slides, newspapers, journals and magazines, sound recordings, articles, chapters, papers, and videotapes held by Illinois libraries.
PerAbs: A database of periodical abstracts from general and academic journals, including many full-text articles. Each record includes a bibliographic citation and a concise abstract. This database also contains records for transcripts of significant segments of more than 80 news and lifestyle TV and radio programs. Subjects covered include: business, economics, literature, psychology, religion, and women's studies.
WilsonSelectPlus: Contains full-text articles in the sciences, humanities, education, and business. It provides indexed and abstracted records with accompanying full-text articles, many of which are linked to citations in other FirstSearch databases. Includes U.S. and international professional publications, academic journals, and trade magazines. Subjects include: accounting, health care, advertising, human resources, art, insurange, auditing, international trade, banking, international trends, broadcasting, investment analysis, computers, management, economics, marketing, education, planning and strategy, engineering, public administration, environment, real estate, finance, taxation, foreign investment, telecommunications, transportation, and science.
WorldAlmanac: Includes Funk & Wagnall's New Encylopedia, the World Almanac and Book of Facts, the World Almanac of the U.S.A., the World Almanac of U.S. Politics, and the World Almanac for Kids.
WorldCat: An OCLC catalog containing millions of bibliographic records about books and other materials in libraries worldwide.
MEDLINE: A database (with some full-text) covering all areas of medicine, including dentistry and nursing. MEDLINE corresponds to the print indexes Index Medicus, Index to Dental Literature, and International Nursing Index. It includes thousands of records with substantial abstracts. Subjects include: clinical medicine, nutrition, dentistry, pathology, education, psychiatry, experimental medicine, toxicology, health services administration, veterinary medicine, and nursing.
- American Newspapers
- Search current and archived coverage of issues, events, government, people, sports and more with the largest collection of full-text U.S. newspapers. Includes staff-written articles, obituaries, editorials, announcments, real estate, and other sections.
Online access to several area newspapers including the Champaign-Urbana News Gazette, Chicago Tribune, Lincoln Courier, Decatur Herald and Review and the Bloomington Pantagraph.
You will need to barcode number from the back of your library card to access this database.
Other Specialized Databases:
Auto Repair Research
Please call the library or come in to get the login and password for this database.
ClasePeriodica: CLASE indexes documents published in Latin American journals specializing in the social sciences and humanities, while PERIODICA covers journals specializing in science and technology. This database contains information from articles, essays, book reviews, monographs, conference proceedings, technical reports, interviews, and brief notes published in journals edited in 24 different countries of Latin America and the Caribbean, as well as from publications focusing on Pan-American issues.
ERIC: A collection of journal articles and reports in education, with some full-text. It contains annotated references to non-journal material issued in the monthly Resources in Education (RIE) and the journal articles issued in the monthly Current Index to Journals in Education (CIJE).
GPO: U.S. federal government publications, including Congressional reports, hearings, debates, and records; judiciary materials; and documents issued by executive departments (Defense, State, Labor, Office of the President, etc.). Includes a bibliographic citation in each record.
PapersFirst: An OCLC index of papers presented at conferences worldwide. Covers every published congress, symposium, conference, exposition, workshop, and meeting received by the British Library Document Supply Centre.
Proceedings: An OCLC index of worldwide conference proceedings. Covers every published congress, symposium, conference, exposition, workshop, and meeting received by the British Library Document Supply Centre.
WorldCatDissertations: A database of all dissertations and theses available in WorldCat.